It was June 29th, 1998 that I moved to California. As of today, I've lived here three years.
I get the urge to wax introspective about how far I've come, blah blah blah. I give a lot of thought to my state of being, and how I got here, and where I want to go. And I've found myself in a place that I'd like to stay for a long time. I'm almost afraid of the idea that things might change years down the road, which would disrupt my comfortable life.
The important thing is that I'm happy. I've got a lot of people in my life who I care about, and they all seem to care about me. My job challenges me and makes me proud. I live in a nicer home than I could probably afford under normal circumstances. Well, I could afford it, I just wouldn't be able to fill it with such cool stuff.
And isn't that what life is all about? Amassing cool stuff? I'm doing pretty well in that department.
Wish me a happy anniversary.
You're supposed to copy this entire journal entry and paste it into a new journal entry. Change all the answers so that they apply to you, then post a comment here linking to your entry. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little known facts about your friends.
You never know what you will learn!
1. What time is it? 5:46pm PST
2. Name as it appears on your birth certificate: Jarrett Michael Heather
3. Nicknames: J-Money, Legend, JM
4. Number of candles that appeared on your last birthday cake: 24
5. Date that you regularly blow them out? September 14th
6. Pets: Pixel the Wonder Kitten (coming soon)
7. Eye color: Brown
8. Hair color: Brown
9. Piercing? None.
10. How much do you love your job? <---------- This much! ---------->
11. Birthplace: Kent General Hospital, Dover, Delaware
12. Hometown: Marydel, Maryland/Delaware
13. Current residence: Sacramento, California
14. Been in love before? Right now, in fact
15. Single: No
16. Been to Europe? No
17. Been toilet-papering? No
18. Been toilet-papered? No
19. Loved somebody so much it made you cry? Yes
20. Been in a car/motorcycle crash? Three car crashes... one serious
21. Croutons or bacon bits? I'll take both
22. 2 doors or 4? Four
23. Coffee or ice cream? Double mocha espresso, please
24. Blanket or stuffed animal? Was never attached to either
25. Salad dressing: Ranch on everything
26. Color of socks: White
27. Lucky number: pi (3.14159265358979323846264338...)
28. Favorite movie: Fight Club
29. Quote from a movie: "What do you mean? African or European?"
30. Favorite holiday: Arbor Day
31. Favorite foods: Anything greasy
32. Favorite day of the week: Fridays, because I love movie premieres
33. Favorite song: Theme from "Alice"
34. Toothpaste: Crest Tartar Control Gel
35. Restaurant: Fogo de Chão Churrascaria (Dallas, Texas)
36. Flowers: No preference
37. Least favorite thing: Boredom
38. Sport to watch: Anything on Playstation2
39. Fast food restaurant: Jack in the Box
40. When was your last hospital visit? Thursday, May 17th, 2001 (esophogitis)
41. Favorite drink? Mountain Dew Code Red (for now)
42. What color is your bedroom carpet? Whole house is tan
43. How many times did you fail your driver's license test? Once in California, but they give you three tries
44. What do you think of Ouija boards? Wood with letters on it
45. Where/How do you see yourself in 10 years? Who would ever want to leave Sacto? I love it here!
46. Who is the last person that you got mail from before this one? My baby, Julie
47. Have you ever been convicted of a crime? Well, no felonies, anyway.
48. What is your favorite store? Target!
49. What do you do most often when you are bored? Surf the web
50. What words or phrases do you overuse? "Bling bling!" (still not sure what it means)
51. Friend who lives farthest away: Chris Messina
52. Best thing: Running the pool table on my loser friends
53. Bedtime: Around midnight on weekdays
54. What time is it now? 5:49pm PST