I only have two scars that I know of. One of them is on the crown of my head. I fell off a see-saw onto blacktop pavement when I was in second grade. At the hospital they tied me to a board and put stitches in my head. The scar was not visible until recently.
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
Some candle sconces and a print of a Mediterranean landscape painting.
3. WHAT DOES YOUR CELL PHONE LOOK LIKE?
I have a little Sanyo camera phone. It's silver and it flips open.
4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LIKE TO LISTEN TO?
I listen to practically all kinds of music. My favorite kinds are classic rock, 80's pop and modern alternative.
5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
No, I've never been told. However, I do know what day I was born.
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
That's a hard question to answer. I really want a snack, an Xbox 360, and to own my own home. These goals are each on dramatically different timelines, so it's hard to prioritize one above the other.
7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
I miss my family.
8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION?
This is also hard to answer because I love all my possessions. I really enjoy having things. That's not an admiral personality trait, I suppose, but that's me. My most prized possession right now is probably my Charles Walter piano. That piano brings me a great deal of happiness. I'd be very sad if I ever had to give it up.
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SMELL?
10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
No, but I am uncomfortable if I'm stuffed in a small place with other people I'm not familiar with, like an elevator.
11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOGNE / PERFUME?
Danielle told me she goes crazy for Joop!, so I bought some. I like the smell of it very much. Danielle wears different perfume every day, so it's hard for me to tell one from the next.
14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
I prefer dark hair to light, but none of that is terribly important to me. I'm more interested in the mind under the coiffure.
15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF BEING PROPOSED TO AT?
The word "at" at the end of the question made me cringe. But as for my answer? No where.
16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS?
17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
I'll have to reveal how boring I am and say pepperoni.
18. IF YOU CAN EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
A giant greasy bacon cheeseburger. I consider it to be the perfect food.
19. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD?
Probably Lars. But that wasn't my fault entirely.
20. DO YOU SPEAK A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE?
I speak a little Spanish. Hablo un pocito Español.
21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU (OF THE OPPOSITE SEX)?
I honestly cannot remember.
28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
No, probably not.
29. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:
31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
Brunettes. (See #14)
32. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL OFTEN?
Danielle office line wins by a ten to one margin.
33. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
Ordered lists with repeating numbers.
33. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE U.S.?
No, but I'd like to venture beyond our borders someday.
35. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
Laziness, procrastination, kryptonite.
37. FIRST JOB?
A crewperson at McDonalds.
38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
No, I personally haven't.
39. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED OUT THIS SURVEY?
Building a website.
40. IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Either liposuction or a hair transplant. But the idea of getting cosmetic surgery is pretty ridiculous to me.
41. WHY DID YOU FILL OUT THIS SURVEY?
To waste some time at work, and to impress Danielle with yet another journal entry for today.
42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
My artistic abilities. I never get tired of the compliments either. Now and then someone notices that I lost some weight.
43. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL?
I don't drink often, so it wouldn't have a huge effect on me. Then again, I'd probably start drinking more just to stick it to the man.
44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
Probably PS3 and Nintendo "Revolution" games. Here's hoping those consoles are out before my birthday.
45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?
I don't know.
46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My name was inspired by the character "Jarrod Barkley" from the television western "The Big Valley".
47. DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
48. WHATS YOUR FAVORITE FINGER?
What a stupid question. Do people really have a favorite finger? Being a pianist has taught me to value each of my fingers equally.
49. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
That question is too personal.
50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
It's okay. I usually print everything in smallcaps. The art of cursive penmanship is lost to me.
51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Thinly sliced domestic ham.
52. ANY BAD HABITS?
Yeah, probably a whole bunch.
53. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF?
That's a tough one. Probably Freddie Mercury's solo record Mr. Bad Guy. It's really, really terrible, but I have a strange affection for the music for some reason.
54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
56. DO LOOKS MATTER?
Yes. Anyone who says different is a liar.
57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER?
Anger is an emotion that doesn't build up in my system at all. I think playing the piano every day helps me release all the bad stuff.
58. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME?
This cubicle here.
59. DO YOU TRUST OTHERS EASILY?
Yes, and I don't think that will ever change.
60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
The Nintendo Entertainment System was my favorite toy by far. I still remember opening up the wrapping on Christmas day.
63. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Oh, wow, that's a great question. I'm sure there's a lot of people who never use sarcasm. *rolls eyes*
64. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A MOSH PIT?
Yes I have. I didn't care for it.
65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
Smarts, a sense of humor and a nice rack.
66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
J, J-Money, Quaid... and about a dozen others that Danielle calls me. We don't need to recite those here.
68. DO YOU UN-TIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Yeah, but only because these shoes won't come off otherwise.
70. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Ice cream makes me sick, but I do love vanilla with chocolate chip cookie dough chunks.
72. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE COLORS?
All frequencies of the visible wavelengths are equally pleasing to me.
73. HOW MANY WISDOM TEETH DO YOU HAVE?
I grew three, but they had to be taken out back in 2000.
74. WHO/WHAT DO YOU MISS MOST RIGHT NOW?
As compared to what I missed a few minutes ago? I suppose I still miss my family.
75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
I'm not all that interested in everyone else, honestly. I'd rather hear them comment about my answers.
76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The soothing ambiance of the modern office environment. "clickety click click clickety click"
77. LAST THING YOU ATE?
Some Flamin' Hot Cheetos. Yeah, I'm a bit of a health food nut.
78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Nothing specific. I'm a "big picture" kind of guy. I get a sense of the general state of things before examining the details.
80. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
81. SCARIEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU?
Last year the brakes failed in my car while I was entering a sharp turn on a freeway off-ramp. It was kind of frightening.
82. FAVORITE DRINK?
Mountain Dew Code Red.
83. FAVORITE JOKE?
Why do mathematicians get Halloween and Christmas confused? Because OCT 31 = DEC 25.
84. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPORT?
I don't watch sports. I like to play pool.
85. HAIR COLOR?
Dark brown... soon to be bald.
86. EYE COLOR?
Brown with the slightest hint of hazel around -- oh, who am I kidding? My eyes are brown.
87. DO YOU WEAR GLASSES?
One biological brother and three step-sisters.
89. FAVORITE MONTH?
December! I'm a sucker for all the Christmas stuff.
90. YOU LIKE SUSHI?
Oh, man, I love the sushi.
91. LAST THING YOU WATCHED?
Last night's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
93. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT?
I'm pretty shy, but I have asked women out before.
94. SUMMER OR WINTER?
95. KISSES OR HUGS?
96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE-NIGHT STANDS
97. WHO DO YOU SECRETLY LOVE?
This question would be paradoxically impossible to answer unless the answer is "no one", which it happens to be. I love only Danielle, and it's not much of a secret.
98. HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE YOU MACKED IT WITH IN THE PAST YEAR?
"Macked it"? Does that mean to take someone to McDonalds and enjoy a Big Mac?
99. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?
None. I rarely read any books.
100. WHERE DO YOU WORK?
Way to end the survey with a challenging and insightful question. I work for the State of California at the Department of Food and Agriculture in the Execute Information Technology branch as an Associate Information Systems Analyst (Specialist) on the eGovernment Website Development Team.